14 August 2009

Nutty Whole Wheat Pancakes

So I need to apologize for not posting for the past month. I had a lot going on with my little boy's first birthday party and just a lot going on. This past weekend, one of my best friends, Aubre came over and I made my whole wheat pancakes for her and my dad. She was at an event all day and texted me in the afternoon saying that she hadn't had anything else to eat and she wasn't hungry. So today's recipe is soooo easy and healthy. It takes about 15 minutes from start to finish and really fills you up!

WHOLE WHEAT PANCAKES

1 1/4 Cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2-3 egg whites
3 Tbsp applesauce (or a large mashed banana)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or cloves
1 1/2 tbsp crushed pecans (or whatever nut you may like)

Mix ingredients and pour on to griddle in pancake sized puddles. Top with whatever makes you happy.
My favorite topping suggestions:

Fruit flavored yogurt
Applesauce and strawberry slices
your favorite jam
peanut butter and powdered sugar
syrup
fresh fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment

background