18 August 2011

Lemon Zester Cookies

I swear these are some of the easiest knock-offs EVER!!!! I really like going to Paradise Cafe for their AWSOME cookies! They have some of the tastiest Chocolate Chip Cookies (my knock off recipe to be posted soon!) and in the summertime, I look forward to the Lemon Zester cookies. I decided to try and make my own because I am a Cheap-o and The cookies are expensive at the store. Here is my knock off recipe!
Lemon Zester Cookies (like Paradise Cafe)
1 box lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil (for chewier version - if you like them crumbly, use cold shortening)
1/4 cup lemon zest
Easy peasy...mix it all together and shape into balls. Bake at 375 for 7-11 minutes or until set around the edges. When the cookies are done, drop the cookie sheet about 4 inches to cooling rack. Let cool 1-5 minutes and remove from sheet.
Have a bowl or plate of powdered sugar right there and just cover cookie in the powdered sugar or else sprinkle over the tops before they are completely cooled.
Its as simple as that. I had 2-3 dozen cookies made and plated in 30 minutes....perfect for moments when you forget that you volunteered desserts for a party!

1 comment:

  1. SOunds really yummy. I miss lemon things. My hubs is anti-lemon. Then again maybe I will make them cause i won't have to share. ;) Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete

background