09 June 2009

Not so healthy...but easy

Ok so last night was not a healthy cooking night, but I will make up for that with a 4 mile run. I made a homemade alfredo sauce that was pretty good, but I figured out what it was lacking and so I am making and addition. Good luck!

1 pkg. fettuccine noodles
2/3 c. butter or margarine
1 1/2 c parmesan cheese (grated)
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 c milk
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 - 10 oz can cooked chicken breast (or 1-2 chicken breasts cooked)
1/4 c fresh chopped parsley

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat (put the fan on to avoid choking on the scent of cooking buter). Gradually stir in cheese then cream and milk, and garlic until well blended (I suggest you use a whisk too). Continue heating sauce stirring constantly, just to boiling point. Add cooked chicken. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Add sauce to hot cooked pasta; toss lightly.
To me, this tastes close to the Olive Garden alfredo sauce. I know that adding a few other ingredients brings it closer to that taste, but that definitely boosts the fat content.

I suggest serving it with a light salad or cooked green beans to better balance the meal out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background