09 June 2009

Whats for dinner tonight.

Ok so I think that I want to try and do a few recipes a week and to start that out, I am doing a "whats for dinner tonight" post, kinda like Rachel Ray does on her morning show. I posted last nights and feel bad for leaving it with an unhealthy ending, so for tonight I am making a yummy southwest kinda salad.

This is one of my favorite summer dinners because it is so easy and doesn't heat up the house.

1 bunch of fresh spinach from the grocery store ( I usually cut off the stem part of the leaves)
several romaine lettuce leaves
about 1 1/2 c. rotisserie chicken (or any pre-cooked chicken will do)
1 can of yellow corn
1 can black beans
1/2 c. carrot shreds
1/2 cucumber, chopped
ranch dressing
barbeque sauce

I make 3 or 4 salads with this recipe so start by dividing spinach onto desired amount of plates. Add romaine lettuce to plates. Layer with corn, beans, cucumbers, and carrots. put about 1/2 C. chicken on to the top of the salad. Drizzle some ranch dressing over the top, followed by a light drizzle of the barbeque sauce. Serve and enjoy.

My husband made a comment about this salad the last time that I made it. He said that salads like this are like summer casseroles where you just mix it all together and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background