13 May 2011

Green and Bean Chicken Quesadillas




With my spring garden prep going on, I have a nice patch of spinach growing. It comes back every year and I LOVE IT!!! I am surpised at how well those little seeds keep on producing(I have extra seeds if anyone is interested). The best part about these leafy greens is that they produce while it is still cold outside so I don't have to worry about a May Frost taking them away! To use up some of the leaves, I came up with a Green and Bean Chicken Quesadilla.



GREEN AND BEAN CHICKEN QUESADILLA


6 whole wheat tortillas


1 LARGE cooked chicken breast (I grilled mine up the other day while the BBQ was fired up)

1 cup grated Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese


1/2 cup black beans


1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves


1 can diced green chiles


On a medium/hot skillet, place a tortilla sprinkled with cheese on and add some chicken, beans, spinach, and chiles and a little more cheese and cook until slightly melted. Place another tortilla over the top and use a pan to press the tortillas together. Flip and cook until both sides have browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with other tortillas. Cut into 6 pieces per quesadilla and serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background