24 May 2011

Tasty Tacos with Black Bean Mango Salsa


TOnight I was feeling a little experimental and I think the fruits of my labors were delicious! Easy too!


We had chicken hard shelled tacos with a black bean, corn, and mango salsa.


Step 1: take corn tortillas and fry them up into shells in olive oil.



Step 2. Make Salsa:

1 can black beans

1 can whole kernel corn

2 tomatoes, chopped

1 tsp cumin

1 mango, chopped

1 jalapeno, chopped

juice from 1 lime

MIX TOGETHER AND LET SIT 20 MIN


Step 3: Prepeare chicken (mine was bbq-ed last week and frozen so that made it easy)

1 lb chicken breast, cooked and chunked or shredded

1/2 tomato, chopped

1 jalapeno, chopped

1-2 TBSP taco seasoning


COMBINE AND FILL SHELLS. TOP WITH SALSA!


The surprising thing about this dinner is that my picky 2 year old sat down and ate it right up (I guess it helps that I tell him everything in it will make his muscles bigger)

1 comment:

background