13 May 2011

Sugar Free Sub"Lime" Strawberry Sauce




For my usual breakfast for dinner tradition on Sunday nights, My wonderful husband made me French Toast(with my favorite recipe!! :) ) To top the toast, I made a sauce/chutney the night before and was taken back by the flavor combination. I had heard that strawberries and limes went well together, but I had no idea how well.


SUBLIME STRAWBERRY SAUCE


1 lb fresh strawberries cut into slices (I actually like chunks to make it like a chutney)



juice and zest of 2 key limes



1/2 cup Splenda (I like it sweet, but 1/4 cup will do)



THATS IT!!!! Combine the ingredients in a bowl and let sit in the refridgerator for at least 30 minutes. Use as a topping for pancakes, waffles, french toast, shortcake, etc... or as a filling for crepes and other yummy stuff!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! this is absolutley awesome!!!! you were so right i was a little iffy at first and after one bite i was in heaven =) thank you aly!

    ReplyDelete

background