11 March 2011

Magic Mix and Homemade Pudding

SO I like to challenge myself from time to time, and this past week, I found a recipe that took me 4 attempts to make it right! I wanted to have some yummy homemade pudding and I had never even tried to make the store bought heat and serve stuff so this was my challenge.
So my first attempt yielded Chocolate soup.....tasted yummy but not what I wanted. Tried again about an hour later and used a different recipe. This time it was a little thicker, but not successful enough to call it a victory. Then I called my mom and asked for a little help. She told me to cook it a little longer, so I did. Wouldn't you guess it, it was almost pudding consistency on the third try. Finally I cooked it 5-6 minutes and it turned out! YAY!!!

I got this one from a cookbook called I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S FOOD STORAGE

MAGIC MIX

2 1/3 cups dry powdered milk (Morning MOOs)
1 c. all purpose flour or 1/2 cup cornstarch (great for gluten free)
1 c butter at room tempearture
combine ingredients in a large bowl an mix with an electric hand mixer until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Keep mix tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 8 months

Magic Mix Pudding
1/2 C. Sugar
1 C. Magic Mix
2-3 T. Cocoa (optional)
2 C. Water
1 t. Vanilla
Combine Magic Mix, sugar and cocoa in saucepan and mix well. Add water, stir over medium heat until pudding bubbles. Add vanilla and beat. Cook for about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Cover and Cool.

These and other recipes can be found online at everydayfoodstorage.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

background