15 March 2011

A taste of Summer!




Today has been such a beautiful day!!! I made me think about summer and being outside, which led to my choice for dinner tonight. Barbecued Turkey Burgers. My sister makes these all the time in the summertime and even in the off season on her indoor griddle, so I called her for the recipe and shortly after, I was eating a picnic outside with my kiddos! The flavor in these bad boys makes for a great change from traditional burgers!
Zippy Turkey Burgers

1 lb ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 chopped yellow/red/orange bell pepper
1/2 cup grated cheese (tonight was pepper jack!!!!)
1 Tbsp A1 steak sauce


I mix all these together in a bowl and it makes about 5 average sized burgers.

Then I toss them onto a hot bbq and cook for about 7-10 minutes on each side or until they look good.

A good bun idea is using those orowheat or whatever brand sandwich thins. They have less calories than a traditional bun and a different flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background