11 March 2011

Winter Squash Soup


When the weather is cold, there's not much better than a cup of hot soup to warm you up! I had a hankering for some squash soup like what I got from costco, but wanted to try and make it on my own.

WINTER SQUASH SOUP

1 cooked squash, pureed
1 can of chicken broth
1 can of water
3-4 stalks of celery sliced thin (i used a food processer/shredder)
2 carrots sliced thin
1/2 an apple cut into small chunks
2 cooked chicken breast cut in cubes
1/4 cup milk
2-3 tbsp sugar
2-3 tbsp butter or margarine
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

Heat in a large stock pot and cook until veggies are tender.

I kinda just added ingredients until they tasted the way I wanted it to. Thats why the measurements are not precise. Good luck and I hope that you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background